- Release the safety pin
- Aim the nozzle at the base of the fire
- Squeeze the lever
- Sweep from side to side
- Check the pressure gauge on a monthly basis, the needle should lie in the green zone
- Contact your supplier for service in case the needle is found in red zone at any time
- Don’t try the fire extinguisher to test its working (like you do with deodorants and mosquito repellent sprays) as fire extinguishers are meant for one time use.
- Visible signs of damage (e.g. corrosion, leakage or a clogged nozzle) means that the product should undergo HPT or replacement as soon as possible.
- Track the monthly check by signing/ marking on the maintenance card provided alongwith the product.